QUESTIONS TO STRETCH YOUR BRAIN
1. Mary’s mother had 4 children. The first child was named June, the second July and the third August. What is the name of the fourth child?
2. The ages of a father and son add up to 55. The father’s age is the son’s age reversed. How old are they?
3. Divide 50 by half and add 20. From the sum minus 35. What do you get?
4. A frog fell into a well 32 feet deep. Each day it jumped 2 feet up the sidewall and slid back down 1 foot each night. How many days did it take for the frog to jump out of the wall?
5. A mother sent her son to the river to fetch exactly 3 liters of water. She gave him a 9 liter can and a 4 liter can. Show how the boy can measure exactly 3 liters of water using nothing but those two containers?
6. A bottle and cork together costs Rs. 150 and the bottle costs Rs.100 more than the cork. How much does each cost?
7. Rearrange the letters of ‘GROW NO LINSEED’ to spell one single word.
8. What do you throw out when you want to use it, but take it when you don’t want to use?
9. If 20 men, 20 women and 20 children eat 20 kg of rice in 20 days, in how many days would one man, one woman and one child eat 1 kg of rice?
10. A women is 5 years younger than her husband who is 9/2 the age of his son. The woman is 4 times the age of her son. What are the ages of the woman, her husband and their son?
You can comment your answers here or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org