KNOW SOME ODD FACTS ABOUT ADOLF HITLER
1. Nazi leader Adolf Hitler was one of the most evil people in the world for starting World War II and the Holocaust. He had an irresistible charisma that convinced the German people to follow his beliefs.
2. He was no doubt the dictator of Germany, Hitler was born in Braunau am Inn, Austria on April 20, 1889.
3. Paula (1896-1960) was the only sibling that survived her childhood. Nevertheless, he also had four other siblings that died in childhood: Gustav, Ida, Otto, and Edmund.
4. “Adi” was the name that his friends used to call him in his youth.
5. Hitler was born through the third marriage of his father ‘Alois’. His father was 51 years at the time of his marriage. Hitler’s father first married a woman much older than himself. Later on Alois married to women who were young enough to be his daughters.
6. When his father retired from the civil service Hitler was only 6. Hitler’s father died when he was 13. ‘Alois Schicklgruber’ was the original name of his father but he changed it to ‘Alois Hitler’ in 1876, the reason for the same is still unknown.
7. It is believed that throughout his youth, Hitler dreamed of becoming an artist. Surprisingly, some also says that he wanted to become a priest. He was denied entrance both times to the Vienna Academy of Art. It is also a matter of great surprise that his father wanted him to become a ‘Civil Servant’.
8. Hitler’s mother was suffering from breast cancer and died in 1908 and so having met with his mother’s death, Hitler landed on the streets of Vienna to sell postcards of his artwork so that he could make his both ends meet.
9. It is still unknown why Hitler developed hatred for Jews. It is also rumored that since it was a Jewish doctor that let his mother die, Hitler started to have animosity for Jews. While some says that it may also be possible that Hitler picked up a hatred for Jews while trudging the streets of Vienna (used to be known for its anti-Semitism stand) after his mother’s death.
10. Hitler had only one testicle as another was damaged in a war.
11. In October 1916, he was wounded in a grenade attack and also on October 13, 1918, Hitler went temporarily blind due to a gas attack.
12. When Germany surrendered, Hitler returned to Munich with a strong resolve to enter politics.
13. An anti-Semitic party called the German Worker’s Party was already in existence and Hitler became its 55th member in 1919.
14. He orchestrated an attempt to take over the German government through a coup called the ‘Beer Hall Putsch’.
15. He was caught and sentenced to five years in prison after facing defeat in his coup. In Landsberg prison Hitler wrote ‘Mein Kampf’ which is translated as ‘My Struggle’.
16. The longest relationship that Hitler ever kept was with Eva Braun. She made two attempts to commit suicide so that she could have more attention and care from Hitler.
17. He had a raspy voice. This was due to the fact that he suffered a gas attack in WWI. But this had no effect on his superb oratorical skill.
18. On telling by his friend that his short mustache seemed somewhat odd, Hitler’s reply was “If it is not the fashion now, it will be because I wear it.”
19. Eva Braun got married to Hitler in 1945. And as a matter of great tragedy or shock, both of them killed themselves 36 hours later. Braun’s age was 33 and that of Hitler’s was 56.
20. “Museum of an Extinct Race”, yes! This was the museum that Hitler planned to get developed after his horrible and blood-curdling extermination of the Jews.
21. Enemas and leeches were the unusual medical remedies that Hitler used to prefer for his treatment.
22. Hitler was called with the name “Adolph Hitler”. Adolph means “noble wolf.” He named his headquarters as ‘Wolf’s Lair’ and ‘Wolf’s Headquarters’.
23. The grandson of the woman who created Hitler’s bunker created Saddam Hussein’s bunker.
24. When he became the Chancellor of Germany, Hitler ordered assassinations and executions which were notoriously called the “Blood Purge”. Blood Purge was designed with an aim of exterminating rivals within the party.
25. Hitler belonged to a family of peasants in the Waldviertel, a poor area in the northwestern part of Lower Austria.
26. Hitler’s father was the illegitimate child of Maria Anna Schicklgruber who was 42 years old when she gave birth.
27. The name Hitler means “small holder”.
28. Hitler, being a brave young man was reported to have been found broken with grief at the death of his mother. It is believed that he had carried her picture with him till his last days in the bunker.
29. Hitler’s father was an authoritarian and domineering husband to his mother.
30. His mother ‘Klara’ used to call his father ‘Uncle’.
31. Hitler had racist and supremacist agenda in his mind.
32. His scandalous and horrendous policies led to the murder of 11 million people. Out of them 6 million were Jews in themselves.
33. It is estimated that between 50-70 million people died during WWII.
34. He had a hypnotic oratory that could enchant everyone very easily. He had personal charisma and was an expert at ‘crowd psychology’.
35. Hitler hated school. It was his history teacher ‘Dr. Potsch’ who introduced him to the heroic tales from the German past. So, it were these tales of heroism that stirred in him a strong German nationalism and also anti-Hapsburg feeling.
36. After the autopsy of his half-niece and ex-girlfriend ‘Geli Raubal’, Hitler became vegetarian.
37. ‘Carl Jung’, a famous psychiatrist once analyzed Hitler’s handwriting. He found that Hitler’s use of ‘typical characteristics’ reveals a man with feminine nature.
38. Hitler could eat up two pounds of chocolate per day.
39. British agents foiled the plot when Hitler plotted to kill Sir Winston Churchill with an ‘exploding chocolate’.
40. In his teenage, Hitler developed a fantasy for a young Jewish girl named ‘Stefanie Isak’.
41. Hitler was also a patient of Hepatitis.
42. Before meeting Eva he used to have injections of testosterone derived from the seminal vesicles and prostate glands of young bulls.
43. He gave his soldiers blow-up sex dolls to combat syphilis during wars.
44. Hitler never visited a single concentration camp.
45. It is also presumed that Hitler had a son with a French teenager while serving as a soldier during WWI.
46. ‘Mein Kampf’ entered the public domain on January 1 2016, 70 years after Hitler’s death
47. Hitler weighed about 155 pounds and was less than 5′ 10″ tall.
48. Hitler refused to undress even for medical examinations.
49. Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.- Martin Luther King Jr.
50. Hitler never took off his jacket in public as he was extremely conscious about his public appearance.
51. Hitler had repeated his sixth year, was rejected twice from art school and thus was a high school dropout.
52. Some women are said to have been begged by Hitler to be kicked during sexual activity- may be presence of psychological perversion in Hitler.