EATING PROPERLY CAN KEEP US HALE AND HEARTY
1. Maintain a low-fat low-sugar diet.
2. Only the right diet can cure you more than all the doctors put together.
3. One must eat in silence with a calm and composed mind. At least one meal in the company of family members helps to strengthen the bond of love and accommodation between the participants. It has a psychological effect. It helps create emotional connectivity.
4. Look at the food with reverence and express gratitude for it gives nourishment to the body.
5. Enjoy the intention to pick up the morsel and taste.
6. Enjoy and relish the act of enjoying whatever food you eat.
7. Notice the intention of swallowing your food.
8. Don’t drink water, especially ice cold water with meals.
9. Accept only that much of food as will fill the belly but with some hunger still remaining in your mind. Don’t waste food.
10. Don’t read, watch and speak while eating food.
11. Eat meals regularly at a fixed time.
12. When feeling emotionally upset, depressed, anxious or irritated, avoid taking food at that moment because then what is eating up becomes more important than what we eat.
13. Have positive thoughts while eating food and take pleasure in whatever you are eating at the moment. Eating food should not be considered less than a holy and pious mission as it is eating only that helps grow our body rightly.
14. Eat only fresh and nourishing food. Avoid eating fast foods.